We operate a food pantry within our daily business hours Monday through Saturday. Through a partnership with Hunger Free Polk County and the Board of Supervisors, we also operate an evening food pantry Tuesdays and Thursday from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. for the benefit of those who may not be able to come during the day. This night pantry is held at our 6th Avenue Location. Doors open for the Tuesday and Thursday Night Pantry at 4:30, and clients are served on a first come first serve basis.
Appointments can be scheduled for the current day in our thrift store, or over the phone for the following day, subject to availability.
USDA Non-discrimination statement
6th Avenue Location:
- Monday: 11:30 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
- Tuesday: 12:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.
- Thursday 11:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
- Friday 11:30 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
- Saturday 9:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.
Army Post Rd. Location
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays 11:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.
- Tuesdays and Saturdays 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.
In order to make an appointment please contact Social Services staff.
6th Avenue : 515-282-8327 Ext. 14
Army Post Rd. : 515-282-8328 Ext. 30